Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rod Stewart , A Friend For Life

Rod Stewart , A Friend For Life 8 years 8 months ago #10592

• RachelPAtoSH
We can confirm that the "Johnnie Walker Meets Rod Stewart" BBC Radio 2 Special, August 31st, ends with Rod's version of "A Friend For Life".
Great!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Stella Day

Rod Stewart , A Friend For Life 8 years 8 months ago #10597

• cheri
Will there be a link to the broadcast so I can hear it over here in the States? I really think that Steve always performs his own songs the best, if anyone is going to do justice to that song, it would be Rod Stewart. :)

Cheri

Rod Stewart , A Friend For Life 8 years 7 months ago #10600

• stewart g
I know I'm biased but have always loved Somebody Special by Rod which includes Steve as one of the co writers! A Friend For Life by Rod is bound to be great.That's Monday nights listening sorted then!☺

Rod Stewart , A Friend For Life 8 years 7 months ago #10604

• kevlad
Finishing the show with A Friend For Life is a big plus for Steve. Odds on that Johnnie Walker will mention the songwriter when he introduces it. I

I know it's the last track on Rod's album, which usually meant it being being a single, but it's not been chosen for the second single off the album unfortunately. All being well there'll be good feedback from Monday's show, so there's still hope.

Rod Stewart , A Friend For Life 8 years 7 months ago #10605

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
I reckon Rods version of AFFL will be the THIRD single from his album.
just in time for the Christmas charts and a top ten spot....heres hoping!!!
Rod has a track record for releasing a sentimental song to tug at the heart strings in time for Christmas. GO ROD !!!
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Rod Stewart , A Friend For Life 8 years 7 months ago #10606

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
WOW! that was an excellent cover of FFL by Rod.great words by him also re Steve.asked which songwriters he admired most he replied oh Steve Harley of course one of Britains finest lyricists and Tom Waits.Of all the songwriters he has come across in a 45 year career that is high praise indeed.Well done Mr Stewart,for once I will forgive you for supporting Celtic!!!
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'